What I'm doing now
Last updated March 17, 2020. 🤒
(Inspired by Derek Sivers' post, here's what I'm currently up to.)
The global pandemic caused by the coronavirus has impacted our lives quite a bit. We're currently self-quarantining in our home. My kids are out of school for at least six weeks. I luckily work from home, which is a huge blessing. But the expected economic downturn will undoubtedly affect us.
We had to cancel our tech conference, Chain React 2020, which is a big disappointment. But it was the right move. Now I'm focusing on sales to keep the consulting business going.
While this has been a topsy-turvy event in our lives, life does go on. Here's what I'm up to:
- I've been gaming with my son, Cedric, for quite a while. Our favorite PC games are Rocket League, Squad,Space Engineers, F1 Racing, and we also play a number of other games from time to time.
- I started playing ice hockey again for the first time in 15 years! (It's on hold due to the coronavirus, though ... womp womp)
- Last year, I traveled a lot for work! Check out my latest conference talks.
- We're looking forward to swimming in our new pool and enjoying our new Custom Pool Deck
- Our family has a cat, Willow, who is almost three years old.
- I'm continuing to work out in myhome gym. At least this is not affected by the coronavirus!
- Playing with some new languages and frameworks